Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Earlier this week, in the first of a two-part post, I commandeered my partner Kathy’s blog, publishing a version of The Proust Questionnaire as a way to provide insight to my soul mate – who will soon celebrate 50 years of living. As a follow-up, I want to share how grateful I am to Kathy. While she may think of happiness as an overrated virtue (see Questionnaire), I cherish the fact that my birthday girl makes me so amazingly happy!
Let me count the happy ways:
1. She is a charming gardener.
2. She is a great travel companion.
3. She is a dedicated writer.
4. She is a hard worker.
5. She is a relentless seeker of beauty.
6. She is a joyful participant in life.
7. She is an animal enthusiast, loving creatures great and small.
8. She is a caring friend to folks around the world.
9. She is a creative and inspiring artist.
10. She is a chum to children.
11. She is a noble daughter.
12. She is a loyal big sister.
13. She is a reasonably bold foodie.
14. She is a great teammate.
15. She is a darn-near perfect partner.
I hope that I bring as much happiness to Kathy as she brings to me. May we share a life-time of happy birthdays together.
Who or what makes you happy?